Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Ides of March

I apologize for the month absence, this month has been a crazy whirlwind. Lots of changes... both good and bad.


I went to California for my cousin's Lion-themed baby shower. (She had a baby boy!) My love had surgery, so I had to play nurse for a few days.
  I lost my grandfather, and flew to Tennessee for his funeral. It was good to see my family and be there for them. As the firstborn grandchild, I was pretty close to him when he was in good health. Lots of wonderful memories, I'm blessed to have, and know he's now at peace.  
Work was insanely-stressful-busy. Deadlines for important documents to be presented to our city's board, a lot of "good stress" but with so much time on the computer and carpel tunnel leaves me not wanting to even look at my computer once I get home from work.   I went back to Vegas for work, which was fun. We went to a tapas restaurant called, Firefly, recommended by a local. It was amazing.   Also, I'm excited to report that I have been offered a new position with the city in the finance department which will start in April! I'm excited about the new opportunity.  
Follow Simply Colette

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather - my heart goes out to you and your family! I lost one of my best friends on Saturday and my niece gave birth to her beautiful baby boy on Sunday. We both have had front row seats to the true circle of life lately. Congrats on all the new and exciting things going on in your life - I'm really happy for you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather!! I wish you all strength and love! I hope your guy continue to gets better and congratulations on the new position!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what an old pic. Looks like a fun memory at your Chucky Cheese birthday. Your Dad looks so young and handsome in that picture lol! Your Papaw was crazy about you. He is at peace now and we all had some great memories over the years.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin